Program runs from January 1-February 10, 2019
For every book that is read $5 is waived from the patrons account. This is only good for overdue fees, not damaged or lost items.
- Borrow one book, magazine or audiobook with your library card.
- Just come in and tell a librarian: I want to read it off.
- Get recommendations at any Information Desk.
- Ask a librarian for a “Read Away” form
- Check your item out and take it home.
- Read, or listen to, the item you’ve chosen.
- Tip for younger kids: Ask a parent or an older brother or sister to read to you.
- Bring the item back to the library to get $5 taken off of overdue fines on your card.
- BUT WAIT! Don’t put it in a return slot.
- Bring your “Read Away” form back when you return your book and take your form and book back to the Information Desk and show a librarian.
- The librarian will waive $5 off your fine total.
- Please note, only fines from Peabody Public Library can be waived.
YES! It’s that easy.
- Want to erase all of your fines? Choose another book, magazine or audiobook. Repeat steps 1, 2 and 3.