Happy Fall to you and your family! The library is thrilled to launch the annual pumpkin decorating contest again this year. Patrons of all ages are encouraged to use their imaginations and get creative in decorating their own pumpkins.
Prizes will be awarded for three different categories: most creative use of decorating media, creepiest pumpkin and scariest pumpkin; and three different age groups: children, young adult and adult.
Pumpkins should be dropped off between Monday, October 14 and Thursday, October 17 at 8 p.m.
Entries will be publicly displayed in the library. Voting will begin the afternoon of Friday, October 18 through Saturday, October 26 at 8 p.m. Winners will be announced the following week. After voting ends, participants may pick up their pumpkins.
• Do not carve or puncture your pumpkin, or use fresh produce of any kind. No electronics or flames will be accepted. Pumpkins are subject to disposal if pumpkins start to degrade, and the library reserves the right to refuse any pumpkin deemed inappropriate.
• Participants may use real or artificial pumpkins.
• Be creative! Use paint, paper, beads, feathers, markers, etc.
• One entry per person. Participants may work together to create a pumpkin, but there will be one prize awarded if it’s deemed a winning pumpkin.
• Please make sure pumpkins are family-friendly, so everyone can enjoy it.
• Do not put names on pumpkins. Each pumpkin will be assigned a number.
• All content must be secure enough to be moved throughout the library.
• Pumpkins must be at the library by 8 p.m. on Thursday, October 27, 2019.
• Pumpkins must be picked up by November 1 or they will be discarded.
ENTER THE CONTEST
Download the contest flyer/entry form.