Books & Booze Book Club
The Books & Booze book club meets at 7 PM every 2nd Thursday of the month at rotating downtown locations to discuss funny, strange and off the wall books.
Note: This club is for 21+ ONLY.
Stop by the circulation desk to pick up a copy of the current book.
Careers & Occupations
AtoZdatabases: Search Jobs, Businesses or Mailing Lists. The Premier Job Search, Reference, and Mailing List Database. The database includes 2.3 million job listings, 30 million business & executive profiles, 1.1 million healthcare professionals, and much more. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and much more!
O*net system serves as a source of occupational information, providing comprehensive information on key attributes and characteristics of workers and occupations.
ChiltonLibrary provides quick online access to repair, maintenance and service information on seven decades of the broadest range of vehicles available, including cars, trucks, vans and SUVs.
Some of Chilton Library’s more popular features include:
- Maintenance and specification tables that provide the unique data you need for each specific vehicle.
- Step-by-step service and repair procedures, and labor estimating tool to help you confidently determine your next move.
- Vacuum diagrams to simplify troubleshooting.
- Wiring diagrams to help explain system operation.
- Close-up photographs and illustrations for visual support.
- ASE test prep quizzes for the most popular certification exams
- A print button which allows you to easily print out what is needed.
Timely & Timeless Book Club
The Timely and Timeless Book Club meets on the 4th Tuesday of every month at 12 noon, usually at a location outside of the library. New members are always welcome. Stop by the circulation desk to pick up a copy of the current book.
Book reviews by member Susan McHenry give some idea of what this book club is like. You can read these by clicking here. To submit your own book review, send it by email to email@example.com.
Comics Plus: Library Edition brings unlimited access to thousands of digital graphic novels and comics to library patrons on any Web-connected device.
- View titles through your Web browser on any computer, tablet or smartphone with an Internet connection.
- Read comics on your tablet or smartphone with Boopsie for Libraries (US and Canadian libraries only).
- Browse by genre, publisher, and comic — then instantly check out your favorites.
- Access comics whenever you want them — no holds or waiting.
Hoopla provides free streaming movies, TV shows, music, and audiobooks with an account created using your green Peabody Public Library card and PIN.
NewsBank provides news and informational resources to our patrons with coverage of local and national topics from America’s newspapers, along with specific articles, obituaries, statistics, video clips, quotations, facts, analysis and much more. With unlimited access from all library workstations and remote access 24/7, patrons can freely search, browse, print, save and email full-text articles without a fee. If you are accessing this database from a remote location, you will be prompted to enter your library card number before proceeding.
RBdigital Magazines (formerly Zinio) allows patrons to view and checkout popular magazines with no waiting and no due dates. RBdigital is the ultimate app for magazine lovers, with digital magazines for iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac and PC. There are interactive elements such as audio and video, and intuitive searching and navigating within each magazine.
Popular titles include: Us Weekly, HGTV, Food Network, Better Homes and Gardens, Reader’s Digest, Rolling Stone, Family Circle, National Geographic, and more!
Technology Classes on Youtube
Our Technology Trainer, Beth Gaff, has recorded many of her technology classes, which are available on YouTube under the channel Instructor: Beth Gaff and using the links below.
Free Software & Apps
General Computer Skills
- Basic Computers
- Basic Internet
- Buying Technology
- Chromebooks vs. Windows 10
- Digital Photography
- Downloading and Uploading Pictures
- Internet Safety
- Mastering Basic Computer Skills
- Mastering Facebook
- Mastering the Web for Personal Use
- Online Banking, Taxes & Credit Cards
- Raising Digital Families
- Searching Effectively Online
- Simple Things Computer Users Should Know
- Skills to Help You Get the Job
- Social Media Basics
- Understanding and Using Dropbox
- Using Your Keyboard and Mouse
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2013
Tablets and Smartphones
Peabody Community Movie Night
On Wednesday, December 6 at 6 PM Peabody is showing a FREE family movie for Community Movie Night! In December we’re showing Elf! We will feature a family-friendly movie the first Wednesday of each month. Popcorn is provided.
Jigsaw Puzzle Exchange
Take a puzzle—Leave a Puzzle
Many people have enjoyed working on the puzzles in the adult department. Now you can take one home, too! Only one puzzle per person at a time, please. Puzzles are on top of the Reference Shelf (by the globe and the big trophy). Enjoy this new service!