Top Online Resources
Learn & Practice
Driving-Test is a free Driver’s Ed program with the following state-specific information:
- 11 car practice tests
- 9 motorcycle practice tests
- 12 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests
- 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL)
- An FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions.
INSPIRE is a collection of academic databases and other information resources that can be accessed by Indiana residents. It includes magazines, journal articles, websites, pamphlets, images, almanacs, library catalogs, practice tests, language learning software, and more.
TERC (Testing & Education Reference Center), via Inspire, is a start-to-finish resource with all the information and support materials needed to make informed, confident decisions to shape the rest of your life.
- Over 300 practice tests and courses
- Dozens of ebooks containing valuable study material and practice tests
- Information on over 4,000 accredited schools
- Scholarship search featuring $8 billion in available scholarships
- Resume builder with over 1,000 brainstorming phrases to get you started
- Career modules covering subjects from career change to salary negotiations
ChiltonLibrary provides quick online access to repair, maintenance and service information on seven decades of the broadest range of vehicles available, including cars, trucks, vans and SUVs.
Some of Chilton Library’s more popular features include:
- Maintenance and specification tables that provide the unique data you need for each specific vehicle.
- Step-by-step service and repair procedures, and labor estimating tool to help you confidently determine your next move.
- Vacuum diagrams to simplify troubleshooting.
- Wiring diagrams to help explain system operation.
- Close-up photographs and illustrations for visual support.
- ASE test prep quizzes for the most popular certification exams
- A print button which allows you to easily print out what is needed.
Comics Plus: Library Edition brings unlimited access to thousands of digital graphic novels and comics to library patrons on any Web-connected device.
- View titles through your Web browser on any computer, tablet or smartphone with an Internet connection.
- Read comics on your tablet or smartphone with Boopsie for Libraries (US and Canadian libraries only).
- Browse by genre, publisher, and comic — then instantly check out your favorites.
- Access comics whenever you want them — no holds or waiting.
Hoopla provides free streaming movies, TV shows, music, and audiobooks with an account created using your green Peabody Public Library card and PIN.
NewsBank provides news and informational resources to our patrons with coverage of local and national topics from America’s newspapers, along with specific articles, obituaries, statistics, video clips, quotations, facts, analysis and much more. With unlimited access from all library workstations and remote access 24/7, patrons can freely search, browse, print, save and email full-text articles without a fee. If you are accessing this database from a remote location, you will be prompted to enter your library card number before proceeding.
RBdigital Magazines (formerly Zinio) allows patrons to view and checkout popular magazines with no waiting and no due dates. RBdigital is the ultimate app for magazine lovers, with digital magazines for iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac and PC. There are interactive elements such as audio and video, and intuitive searching and navigating within each magazine.
Popular titles include: Us Weekly, HGTV, Food Network, Better Homes and Gardens, Reader’s Digest, Rolling Stone, Family Circle, National Geographic, and more!
Technology Classes on Youtube
Our Technology Trainer, Beth Gaff, has recorded many of her technology classes, which are available on YouTube under the channel Instructor: Beth Gaff and using the links below.
Free Software & Apps
General Computer Skills
- Basic Computers
- Basic Internet
- Buying Technology
- Chromebooks vs. Windows 10
- Digital Photography
- Downloading and Uploading Pictures
- Internet Safety
- Mastering Basic Computer Skills
- Mastering Facebook
- Mastering the Web for Personal Use
- Online Banking, Taxes & Credit Cards
- Raising Digital Families
- Searching Effectively Online
- Simple Things Computer Users Should Know
- Skills to Help You Get the Job
- Social Media Basics
- Understanding and Using Dropbox
- Using Your Keyboard and Mouse
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2013
Tablets and Smartphones
Peabody Community Movie Night
On Wednesday, December 6 at 6 PM Peabody is showing a FREE family movie for Community Movie Night! In December we’re showing Elf! We will feature a family-friendly movie the first Wednesday of each month. Popcorn is provided.
Jigsaw Puzzle Exchange
Take a puzzle—Leave a Puzzle
Many people have enjoyed working on the puzzles in the adult department. Now you can take one home, too! Only one puzzle per person at a time, please. Puzzles are on top of the Reference Shelf (by the globe and the big trophy). Enjoy this new service!