Temporary Youth Services Clerk
20 hours per week during the summer ONLY
Start date Monday, May 21, 2018
End date Saturday, August 10, 2018
Flex schedule – mornings, afternoons, evenings and Saturdays
Some computer and library experience preferred
Must pass shelving test, and enjoy working with children and teens
Peabody Public Library
1160 East Highway 205
Columbia City, IN
Apply in person at the Administration Office
Monday – Friday, 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Applications accepted through Friday, April 27, 2018
Learn & Practice
Driving-Test is a free Driver’s Ed program with the following state-specific information:
- 11 car practice tests
- 9 motorcycle practice tests
- 12 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests
- 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL)
- An FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions.
INSPIRE is a collection of academic databases and other information resources that can be accessed by Indiana residents. It includes magazines, journal articles, websites, pamphlets, images, almanacs, library catalogs, practice tests, language learning software, and more.
TERC (Testing & Education Reference Center), via Inspire, is a start-to-finish resource with all the information and support materials needed to make informed, confident decisions to shape the rest of your life.
- Over 300 practice tests and courses
- Dozens of ebooks containing valuable study material and practice tests
- Information on over 4,000 accredited schools
- Scholarship search featuring $8 billion in available scholarships
- Resume builder with over 1,000 brainstorming phrases to get you started
- Career modules covering subjects from career change to salary negotiations
Topical Book Lists for Teens
The following is a list of helpful documents compiled by our own staff, in PDF format.
Careers & Occupations
AtoZdatabases: Search Jobs, Businesses or Mailing Lists. The Premier Job Search, Reference, and Mailing List Database. The database includes 2.3 million job listings, 30 million business & executive profiles, 1.1 million healthcare professionals, and much more. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and much more!
O*net system serves as a source of occupational information, providing comprehensive information on key attributes and characteristics of workers and occupations.
Guide to Online Schools is here to help you choose a school based on what really matters: affordability, accessibility, and quality. Browse our database of over 600 accredited online colleges and 22,000 degree programs, as well as student reviews and rankings.
OnlineU strives to make a difference in online education by focusing on what really matters: affordability, accessibility, and quality. To make it easy to find a degree that will help you get ahead without the burden of massive debt, it provides important, unbiased rankings based on what you care about most, whether it be affordability, value or prestige.
Recommended Study Links
- Homework Spot: For homework help, Science Fair project ideas, math help, and more
- Khan Academy: Learn almost anything for free (especially math)
- Lexile.com: The Lexile framework for reading—matching readers with texts.
- Math.com: Free math lessons and math homework help from basic math to algebra, geometry and beyond. Includes online calculators, tools, and games to use and improve your math skills
- Portals to the world: Library of Congress links to electronic resources around the world
- Quiz Hub: Free Online Interactive K-12 Quiz Games (iPad-Compatible)
- Reference.com: Online dictionary, thesaurus, and more
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology’s Homework Hotline provides FREE math and science homework help to Indiana students in grades 6-12. Students may also call toll free: 1-877-ASK-ROSE (1-877-275-7673).
- World Factbook: Maps, Flags, and important statistical data brought to you by the CIA
- YouTube EDU: Short lessons from top teachers around the world, full courses from the world’s leading universities, professional development material from fellow educators, and inspiring videos from global thought leaders
Reading Suggestions – Children & Teens
- Common Sense Media with “reviews and age ratings for best movies, books, apps, games for kids.”
- Compass Book Ratings to help readers “find the right book by age, genre, literary review, and more.”
- Good Reads for Children: recommended children’s books by category
- Good Reads for Young Adults: recommended young adult books by category
- Juvenile Series & Sequels: contains over 36,000 books in 4,900 series titles that are classified by audience category
- Kids in Mind for “Film ratings & parents’ reviews that actually work.”
- Lexile.com for Lexile framework ratings.
- Scholastic Book Wizard for finding books by reading level, genre, subject, and grade.
Comics Plus: Library Edition brings unlimited access to thousands of digital graphic novels and comics to library patrons on any Web-connected device.
- View titles through your Web browser on any computer, tablet or smartphone with an Internet connection.
- Read comics on your tablet or smartphone with Boopsie for Libraries (US and Canadian libraries only).
- Browse by genre, publisher, and comic — then instantly check out your favorites.
- Access comics whenever you want them — no holds or waiting.
Hoopla provides free streaming movies, TV shows, music, and audiobooks with an account created using your green Peabody Public Library card and PIN.
NewsBank provides news and informational resources to our patrons with coverage of local and national topics from America’s newspapers, along with specific articles, obituaries, statistics, video clips, quotations, facts, analysis and much more. With unlimited access from all library workstations and remote access 24/7, patrons can freely search, browse, print, save and email full-text articles without a fee. If you are accessing this database from a remote location, you will be prompted to enter your library card number before proceeding.
RBdigital Magazines (formerly Zinio) allows patrons to view and checkout popular magazines with no waiting and no due dates. RBdigital is the ultimate app for magazine lovers, with digital magazines for iPad, iPhone, Android, Mac and PC. There are interactive elements such as audio and video, and intuitive searching and navigating within each magazine.
Popular titles include: Us Weekly, HGTV, Food Network, Better Homes and Gardens, Reader’s Digest, Rolling Stone, Family Circle, National Geographic, and more!