Learn & Practice
Driving-Test is a free Driver’s Ed program with the following state-specific information:
- 11 car practice tests
- 9 motorcycle practice tests
- 12 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests
- 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL)
- An FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions.
INSPIRE is a collection of academic databases and other information resources that can be accessed by Indiana residents. It includes magazines, journal articles, websites, pamphlets, images, almanacs, library catalogs, practice tests, language learning software, and more.
TERC (Testing & Education Reference Center), via Inspire, is a start-to-finish resource with all the information and support materials needed to make informed, confident decisions to shape the rest of your life.
- Over 300 practice tests and courses
- Dozens of ebooks containing valuable study material and practice tests
- Information on over 4,000 accredited schools
- Scholarship search featuring $8 billion in available scholarships
- Resume builder with over 1,000 brainstorming phrases to get you started
- Career modules covering subjects from career change to salary negotiations
Topical Book Lists for Teens
The following is a list of helpful documents compiled by our own staff, in PDF format.
Careers & Occupations
AtoZdatabases: Search Jobs, Businesses or Mailing Lists. The Premier Job Search, Reference, and Mailing List Database. The database includes 2.3 million job listings, 30 million business & executive profiles, 1.1 million healthcare professionals, and much more. Ideal for sales leads, mailing lists, market research, employment opportunities, finding friends and relatives, and much more!
O*net system serves as a source of occupational information, providing comprehensive information on key attributes and characteristics of workers and occupations.
Guide to Online Schools is here to help you choose a school based on what really matters: affordability, accessibility, and quality. Browse our database of over 600 accredited online colleges and 22,000 degree programs, as well as student reviews and rankings.
OnlineU strives to make a difference in online education by focusing on what really matters: affordability, accessibility, and quality. To make it easy to find a degree that will help you get ahead without the burden of massive debt, it provides important, unbiased rankings based on what you care about most, whether it be affordability, value or prestige.
Fun With Robotics
Recommended Study Links
- Homework Spot: For homework help, Science Fair project ideas, math help, and more
- Khan Academy: Learn almost anything for free (especially math)
- Lexile.com: The Lexile framework for reading—matching readers with texts.
- Math.com: Free math lessons and math homework help from basic math to algebra, geometry and beyond. Includes online calculators, tools, and games to use and improve your math skills
- Portals to the world: Library of Congress links to electronic resources around the world
- Quiz Hub: Free Online Interactive K-12 Quiz Games (iPad-Compatible)
- Reference.com: Online dictionary, thesaurus, and more
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology’s Homework Hotline provides FREE math and science homework help to Indiana students in grades 6-12. Students may also call toll free: 1-877-ASK-ROSE (1-877-275-7673).
- World Factbook: Maps, Flags, and important statistical data brought to you by the CIA
- YouTube EDU: Short lessons from top teachers around the world, full courses from the world’s leading universities, professional development material from fellow educators, and inspiring videos from global thought leaders
Reading Suggestions – Children & Teens
- Common Sense Media with “reviews and age ratings for best movies, books, apps, games for kids.”
- Compass Book Ratings to help readers “find the right book by age, genre, literary review, and more.”
- Good Reads for Children: recommended children’s books by category
- Good Reads for Young Adults: recommended young adult books by category
- Juvenile Series & Sequels: contains over 36,000 books in 4,900 series titles that are classified by audience category
- Kids in Mind for “Film ratings & parents’ reviews that actually work.”
- Lexile.com for Lexile framework ratings.
- Scholastic Book Wizard for finding books by reading level, genre, subject, and grade.
Access World News from NewsBank: Find global information on topics related to business, education, the environment, health, jobs and careers, politics and government, social issues, sports, STEM and more including newspapers, videos and web-only content featuring the Post & Mail, USA Today, international sources and more. With unlimited access from all library workstations and remote access 24/7, patrons can freely search, browse, print, save and email full-text articles without a fee. If you are accessing this database from a remote location, you will be prompted to enter your library card number before proceeding.
Hoopla provides free streaming movies, TV shows, music, and audiobooks with an account created using your green Peabody Public Library card and PIN.
Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema. With the motto of “thoughtful entertainment,” Kanopy provides access to films of unique social and cultural value. Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku. See FAQ page for more information.
Kanopy Kids brings you thoughtful entertainment for children aged preschool and up. Parents can trust in a curated selection of educational and enriching videos on Kanopy Kids with developmentally appropriate, age-based ratings from Common Sense Media, as well as additional parental controls to keep kids safe