In order to check out materials, you must have a green Evergreen Indiana library card. You must have your card with you, and you cannot use someone else's card unless there is a special circumstance and you have appropriate paperwork on file.
Books, Audio Books, CDs, and Magazines can be checked out for 3 weeks. Blu-Rays, DVDs and Gaming software can be checked out for 1 week. Blu-Rays and DVDs carry a limit of 10 check-outs. Gaming software is limited to 1 check-out. Most items can be renewed once, and books and audiobooks can usually be renewed twice.
The fine for late items is 25 cents per day, unless stated otherwise.
Fines are 25 cents per day per item on most items, and patrons are blocked from checking out materials when their fines reach $10 or they have 15 overdue items.
To check your fines, you can log in to your account (see first three steps under Renewals) and check the upper right corner of the window for fines (displayed in red), or ask in person at the checkout desk.
You can pay for your fines in person at the library. We accept cash and checks as payment for fines or lost materials. All checks should be made out to Peabody Public Library. You may also pay fees online when logged into your account.
Most items can be renewed one time. Books may be renewed twice. There are no renewals for items on waiting lists or obtained through Interlibrary Loan. Patrons may renew materials by bringing their library card and the materials they wish to renew to the library. Patrons may also renew library materials by calling the library at (260) 244-5541 (option 1). Patrons will need their library card and should have the materials near so any questions can be answered in order to complete the renewal process. Renewals can also be done online.
To renew online:
- Go the library Account page.
- Enter your user ID and your PIN in the Log In area.
- Your user ID is your library card number.
- If you do not have a PIN or password, you can come to the library to be assigned one.
- Click the "Log In" button to access your account.
- Click on the "Items Checked Out" tab.
- Check the items you wish to renew and click on the "Go" button next to "Renew selected items."
- Confirm the renewal by going back into your list of checked out items to see that the due date has changed.