Search our Catalog
Our full 8-page Evergreen Brochure is available in PDF format. Some of the following information comes from this brochure.
Click here to browse the catalog. Browsing allows you to look for similar titles, authors, subjects or series.
Click here to open a simple search. This allows more options than the Keyword Search on this page, but is simpler than the Advanced Search.
- You may search by Keyword, Title, Author, Subject or Series by selecting your choice from the drop down menu. Type your information in the main search box. (See below)
- You may also select the format of your choice (All Formats, Books, Large Print Books, CD Audiobook, DVD, Blu-ray, CD Music and more) from the drop down menu bar.
- You can then choose which library system you wish to search: Your Local Library System, all of Evergreen Indiana, or choose a specific library.
When you have entered your search criteria, click on Search.
Your search will pull up a list of all available items within your criteria. You can refine your search at any time, using the search information bar at the top of the screen.
For a more detailed search, use the Advanced Search feature.
Access World News from NewsBank: Find global information on topics related to business, education, the environment, health, jobs and careers, politics and government, social issues, sports, STEM and more including newspapers, videos and web-only content featuring the Post & Mail, USA Today, international sources and more. With unlimited access from all library workstations and remote access 24/7, patrons can freely search, browse, print, save and email full-text articles without a fee. If you are accessing this database from a remote location, you will be prompted to enter your library card number before proceeding.
Hoopla provides free streaming movies, TV shows, music, and audiobooks with an account created using your green Peabody Public Library card and PIN.
Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema. With the motto of “thoughtful entertainment,” Kanopy provides access to films of unique social and cultural value. Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku. See FAQ page for more information.
Kanopy Kids brings you thoughtful entertainment for children aged preschool and up. Parents can trust in a curated selection of educational and enriching videos on Kanopy Kids with developmentally appropriate, age-based ratings from Common Sense Media, as well as additional parental controls to keep kids safe
Reading Suggestions – Adults
Below is a list of Readers Advisory tools put together by the Peabody Public Library staff.
- Indiana Authors: Find books by Indiana Authors, including both fiction and non-fiction. It is in no way a complete or exhaustive listing, just a finding aid for some pleasurable reading. The list also includes some hometown authors!
- AllReaders.com: Browse reviews or search for books based on your preferences for plot, setting, character, and writing style.
- Fantastic Fiction: This site provides bibliographies for over 15,000 authors and information on over 250,000 books.
- Good Reads: Book recommendations, with or without an account
- Guys Read: An interactive site from guys-reading-guru Jon Scieszka that lets you search or browse for recommendations for adults in general or “young, middle, and older” guys.
- Monster Librarian: Horror fiction recommendations for kids, teens, and adults arranged by sub-genre and series.
- New York Times Best Seller Books
- Oprah’s Book Club
- Overbooked: Resource for readers, providing timely information about fiction (all genres) and readable nonfiction.
- Stop, You’re Killing Me! Mystery, crime, thriller, spy, and suspense books chronologically listed by authors including series. Browseable by author name, character name, genre, location or period of story, or the lead character’s ethnicity or job.
- What should I read next? Search for a book you know you like and get recommendations based on other readers’ similar preferences. You have to register for an account to get the “full” list of results, though often the partial list is enough to address a user inquiry.
- What’s Next: The Kent District Library What’s Next?: Books In Series™ database helps you search series fiction. A series is two or more books linked by character(s), settings, or other common traits.
Reading Suggestions – Children & Teens
- Common Sense Media with “reviews and age ratings for best movies, books, apps, games for kids.”
- Compass Book Ratings to help readers “find the right book by age, genre, literary review, and more.”
- Good Reads for Children: recommended children’s books by category
- Good Reads for Young Adults: recommended young adult books by category
- Juvenile Series & Sequels: contains over 36,000 books in 4,900 series titles that are classified by audience category
- Kids in Mind for “Film ratings & parents’ reviews that actually work.”
- Lexile.com for Lexile framework ratings.
- Scholastic Book Wizard for finding books by reading level, genre, subject, and grade.
Topical Book Lists for Adults
The following reading lists, compiled by our staff, are available in PDF format.
Topical Book Lists for Teens
The following is a list of helpful documents compiled by our own staff, in PDF format.