The Peabody Public Library offers services through Overdrive, Hoopla and EbscoHost to download eBooks and eAudiobooks onto your computer or portable digital media player. A valid green Peabody Public Library card is required to access these services.
OverDrive offers downloadable eBooks, Audiobooks, eVideos and eMusic.
How it works:
- Visit the Indiana Digital Download Center website at http://iddc.lib.overdrive.com.
- Search by title, subject, author, or format
- Add selections to your 'Cart'.
- Click on the 'Proceed to Checkout'. Select the Peabody Public Library from the list of libraries and enter your library card number and Pin.
- Click the 'Download' button under each title.
- Once downloaded, enjoy immediately or transfer to a variety of devices including iPod, MP3 players, eReaders and more.
Additional software is required to transfer titles to portable devices. For additional help consult the Overdrive Support Page.
- Checkout limit: 10 titles
- Lending period: 7 or 14 days
- Title automatically expire at the end of the lending period. There are no late fees.
- Register for a hoopla account by visiting hoopladigital.com, or by using the Hoopla Digital mobile app on your iOS or Android device. You will need to select Peabody Public Library to get started, then provide an e-mail address, create a password, and have your library account information ready.
- Easily browse titles on your computer or mobile device by clicking Browse All on the format (Music, Movies, Audiobooks, eBooks, Comics, and Television) you would like to browse further on. You can also search for a specific title by clicking on the Search box or magnifying glass and typing in your title(s)/keyword.
- To borrow a title, click on the title and then click the Borrow button. Your borrowed titles can be played right after borrowing, and found under the My Titles menu for viewing/listening. Enjoy your selected titles!
- Borrowed titles will be automatically returned when your lending period is over. There are no holds, wait lists, or late fees for any of hoopla’s content.
- If you need additional help, visit the help section on our mobile app, or click on the Help link found at the bottom of hoopladigital.com.
If you own an Apple or Android phone or tablet, Hoopla has an application just for you! All the same features as the web site, plus the ability to download borrowed titles to your device so you can play them offline. After installing the app on your device, just log in using the email and password credentials you set up for your account.
- 12 checkouts per month per user (all formats).
- Audio books, eBooks and comics: 21 days
- Music: 7 days
- Movies & TV shows: 3 days
Need help using Hoopla? Check out these quick online tutorials on Youtube.
An Ebscohost account is required in order to view and download titles from Ebscohost.
If you already have an Ebscohost account and are ready to search and download eAudioBooks and eBooks click here.
If you don't have an Ebscohost account please come in to the library and we will assist you in creating one.
If you are at one of the library computers you can create an account on your own by clicking here. You will need to click the sign in button at the top of the page and then click on Create an Account.
- Bestsellers from award-winning authors.
- Nearly 300 downloadable eAudiobooks with categories including Fiction, Computer Science, Linguistics, History, Politics and much more.
- Over 5,000 textual eBook titles.
- Lending periods: eBooks (varies from 24 hrs to 7 days), eAudiobooks (21 days).