Access thousands of books, audiovisual materials, electronic resources, newspapers, magazines and other educational and recreational resources through the Peabody Public Library and Evergreen Indiana.
The Peabody Public Library is supported by property taxes from Columbia City, Columbia Township, and Thorncreek Township. This means that people living or owning properties in these areas are entitled to an Evergreen Indiana card at no additional cost. Furthermore, anybody with an Evergreen Indiana card from another library can use it at Peabody Public Library. A card is not required to attend programs or access materials within the library.
- You must present your library card to check out materials.
- A photo ID, utility bill, or lease is needed to apply for a library card.
- A property tax receipt is needed to show that you own property in the Peabody Public Library service area, if your home address is not in the PPL service area.
Every two years, we are required to update your library card information. Should you receive a notification that your library card is going to expire, please DO NOT throw your card away. Just be sure to bring your card and photo ID the next time you come to the library, to verify your current address, phone number and email address. Parents will need to bring your child(ren) for the child’s account to be updated.
More information is available in our full 8-page Evergreen Brochure.
Non-resident cards (subscription cards) and PLAC library cards expire one year after the date of purchase.
- Evergreen Indiana $70/year
- PLAC $65/year (with any valid Indiana library card)
- There will be a $5 fee for the cards (maximum of $25 per family, should more than 5 students be enrolled), and they will be valid until the following July 31.
- Cards will be issued in the student’s name and are intended for the use of the student only.
- In order to purchase one of these cards, the student must have a parent with photo ID showing a current address in the Whitley County Consolidated School district.
- These cards will allow students to check out a maximum of 5 items, and this can include no more than one (each) video, music CD, game, or activity kit. Laptops and other electronic equipment cannot be checked out on these cards.
- Self-checkout will not be available with these cards.
- The cards will not provide access to special online services like Overdrive and Hoopla. Several other online services will only be available from within the library, as they are to anyone.
- The cards will not provide access to materials from other Evergreen Indiana libraries.
- In other respects, the cards will conform to the usual rules for Evergreen Indiana library cards.
Report a Lost or Stolen Card
Lost or stolen cards should be reported as as soon possible to the library at (260) 244-5541, option 1. The library charges $2.00 for replacement cards.