Use Equipment at the Library
Some equipment is only available for use inside the library.
- To learn more about equipment available in meeting rooms, click here.
- To learn how to print, copy, scan or fax at the library, click here.
- For more information about our microfilm readers, click here.
- For more information about our public computers, click here.
This machine can be found in the Indiana Room and is available on a first-come first-served basis. Anyone can use this machine to copy a VHS tape to a DVD+R recordable DVD. Please ask staff for assistance.
- You may ONLY copy your own HOME videos. No copyrighted material allowed.
- You must use a DVD+R recordable DVD. DVD-R does not work.
- Videos are copied in real time. Staff is not responsible for your materials if you leave them unattended during this process.
Two laptops and two Chromebooks are available for checkout for use inside the library. You must have a valid green library card in order to use either of these items.
- In order to use the laptops, you will need to log in with our PC Reservation software. Laptops are configured as much as possible like our other Microsoft Office computers. You can print directly to our public printer from a laptop.
- In order to use the Chromebooks, you will need your own Google account. You will need to use wireless printing methods to print.
Some equipment may be checked out for off-site use. The following items may be checked out for one week.
Two iPads, a Kindle Fire, a Nook Color, and a Sony E-Reader are available for checkout with the following restrictions:
- Adults only (18 or older)
- $5/day late fee (no grace period)
- Please be aware that you must not change the 4-digit logon code or the account linked to these devices. It is also inadvisable to save pictures or other media because they may be automatically backed up to library accounts.
Playaway Launchpads are secure pre-loaded learning tablets for preschoolers and young school age children. Each Launchpad is pre-loaded with interactive learning apps, games and stories. Launchpad tablets include adaptors for charging and are in sturdy cases. They can be checked out for 7 days with one renewal.
- Checkout limited to adult patrons (18 and over)
- Photo ID required for checkout
- Checkout period of 1 week
- No grace day. Billed for LOST if not returned on time.
- Replacement fee of $170.00.
- After the week loan period, Internet service gets cut off
- Patrons must return Hotspot to the Checkout Desk (not the drop box)
The following library policies apply to the borrowing of AV (audiovisual) equipment.
- AV equipment may be reserved and checked out for off-site use by library card holders.
- Patrons will be responsible for any damage to equipment used off-site and must sign a liability statement to that effect.
- The loan period for such equipment is three (3) days. There will be no renewals, and holds must be placed [by a staff member] through the equipment reservation system. Equipment must be checked out and returned during library business hours.
- Monitor out (VGA)
- RCA/Composite video and audio (stereo)
- Computer/Component video
- USB connector for mouse and keyboard control
- A VGA (monitor) to HDMI converter is included in the bag, but will only convert video (not audio).
Full specifications available at http://www.epson.com/cmc_upload/0/000/095/444/S5-Catalog-Sheet_R2.pdf