Learn & Practice
Driving-Test is a free Driver’s Ed program with the following state-specific information:
- 11 car practice tests
- 9 motorcycle practice tests
- 12 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests
- 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL)
- An FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions.
INSPIRE is a collection of academic databases and other information resources that can be accessed by Indiana residents. It includes magazines, journal articles, websites, pamphlets, images, almanacs, library catalogs, practice tests, language learning software, and more.
TERC (Testing & Education Reference Center), via Inspire, is a start-to-finish resource with all the information and support materials needed to make informed, confident decisions to shape the rest of your life.
- Over 300 practice tests and courses
- Dozens of ebooks containing valuable study material and practice tests
- Information on over 4,000 accredited schools
- Scholarship search featuring $8 billion in available scholarships
- Resume builder with over 1,000 brainstorming phrases to get you started
- Career modules covering subjects from career change to salary negotiations
Preschool & Elementary Resources
ABCmouse.com: With 3,500+ interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, ABCmouse.com’s award-winning online curriculum is an invaluable resource for young learners (ages 2-6+). From Age of Learning, Inc. Free for use in our library.
AtoZ the USA brings one of the most geographically, culturally, and ethnically diverse countries in the world to life in a beautifully-illustrated resource designed especially for libraries and schools. It contains more than 115 country-based articles and 115 state articles for each of the 50 US states, five US territories, and the District of Columbia. Library patrons and students will find unmatched coverage of the country’s people, history, economy, geography, symbols, culture, and society.
Before5.org gives parenting and educational ideas for parents of preschoolers. From the DEKKO foundation.
Scholastic BookFlix is an interactive literacy resource that builds a love of reading and learning online. Pairing fictional storybooks with nonfiction eBooks, it reinforces reading skills while developing essential real-world knowledge. Use this link to access BookFlix from home (a valid borrowers card is required).
Explora for Elementary Schools, from Inspire is a student interface designed for use in Kindergarten through grade 5 with a focus on the Arts, Literature, Biography, Current Events, Geography and Culture, Health, History, Math, Science and more. Available within the state of Indiana.
PBS kids is an online site with educational games linked to PBS Kids television shows, including Arthur, Bob the Builder, Caillou, The Cat in the Hat, Curious George, Cyberchase, Daniel Tiger’s Neighborhood, Design Squad, Dinosaur Train, The Electric Company, Fizzy’s Lunch Lab, Martha Speaks, Nature Cat, Odd Squad, Oh Noah!, Peg + Cat, Plum Landing, Ready Jet Go!, SciGirls, Sesame Street, Sid the Science Kid, Super Why!, Thomas and Friends, Wild Kratts, and Word Girl.
Storyline Online streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Storyline Online is available 24 hours a day for children, parents, caregivers and educators worldwide. Each book includes supplemental curriculum developed by a credentialed elementary educator, aiming to strengthen comprehension and verbal and written skills for English-language learners.
Recommended Study Links
- Homework Spot: For homework help, Science Fair project ideas, math help, and more
- Khan Academy: Learn almost anything for free (especially math)
- Lexile.com: The Lexile framework for reading—matching readers with texts.
- Math.com: Free math lessons and math homework help from basic math to algebra, geometry and beyond. Includes online calculators, tools, and games to use and improve your math skills
- Portals to the world: Library of Congress links to electronic resources around the world
- Quiz Hub: Free Online Interactive K-12 Quiz Games (iPad-Compatible)
- Reference.com: Online dictionary, thesaurus, and more
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology’s Homework Hotline provides FREE math and science homework help to Indiana students in grades 6-12. Students may also call toll free: 1-877-ASK-ROSE (1-877-275-7673).
- World Factbook: Maps, Flags, and important statistical data brought to you by the CIA
- YouTube EDU: Short lessons from top teachers around the world, full courses from the world’s leading universities, professional development material from fellow educators, and inspiring videos from global thought leaders