Signing up for a Class
If you are interested in signing up for one of our classes, please call us at (260) 244-5541 with the information on the class you wish to attend. You can also register online by filling out the online registration form associated with the class you are interested in. A library card is not required to attend any of our classes; however, some classes may have a fee.
To see a list of our upcoming classes and activities, click here.
HSE Classes through Impact Institute
Need to get your HSE (formerly GED)? You can attend classes held by the Impact Institute in our computer lab. Walk-ins are welcome; simply show up at the lab (downstairs near the auditorium) between 9 AM and 7:30 PM on a Tuesday or Thursday, and a friendly Impact representative will get you started. More information online at impactinstitute.net.
Fun With Robotics Reveal and Review: OSMO
Fun With Robotics Reveal and Review: Circuits
Fun With Robotics Reveal and Review: EL10T
Fun With Robotics Reveal and Review: Merge Cube
Fun With Robotics Summer Reading Session: 3D Pens
Fun With Robotics Reveal and Review: Logic Games
Fun With Robotics Reveal and Review: QOBO
Fun With Robotics Reveal and Review: Plugo
Fun With Robotics: 4 Years in the making!!
Fun with Robotics Reveal and Review: Miposaur and Mip
Fun with Robotics Reveal and Review: Flashdash Cube and Electronic Playground
Gale Courses offers a wide range of highly interactive, instructor led courses that you can take entirely online. As a library card holder in good standing, you are entitled to these courses at no cost. Courses run for six weeks and new sessions begin every month. Click HERE to access Gale Courses.
- Basic Computers
- Basic Internet
- Buying Technology
- Chromebooks vs. Windows 10
- Digital Photography
- Downloading and Uploading Pictures
- Everything Computers
- Internet Safety
- Mastering Basic Computer Skills
- Mastering Facebook
- Mastering the Web for Personal Use
- Online Banking, Taxes & Credit Cards
- Raising Digital Families
- Searching Effectively Online
- Simple Things Computer Users Should Know
- Skills to Help You Get the Job
- Social Media Basics
- Understanding and Using Dropbox
- Understanding and Using the Mouse
- Understanding Windows
- Using Your Keyboard and Mouse
- Windows 8
- Windows 10
Driving-Test is a free Driver's Ed program with the following state-specific information:
- 11 car practice tests
- 9 motorcycle practice tests
- 12 CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) practice tests
- 3 online driver’s manuals (car, motorcycle, CDL)
- An FAQ section with detailed answers to 100+ DMV-related questions.
DMV Permit Test has driving tests with an updated and user friendly design including:
INSPIRE is a collection of academic databases and other information resources that can be accessed by Indiana residents. It includes magazines, journal articles, websites, pamphlets, images, almanacs, library catalogs, practice tests, language learning software, and more.
Mango Languages This learning methodology gives you the confidence to go a little further down that road less traveled. It builds the 6 critical skills necessary for true language learning. Vocabulary, grammar, pronunciation, culture, comprehension and retention.
Rosetta Stone, via Inspire: Recognized as a leader in technology-based language learning, Rosetta Stone offers libraries and their patrons their proven immersion method.
Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2013
ABCmouse.com: With 3,500+ interactive books, educational games, puzzles, and other learning activities, ABCmouse.com’s award-winning online curriculum is an invaluable resource for young learners (ages 2-6+). From Age of Learning, Inc. Free for use in our library.
Before5.org gives parenting and educational ideas for parents of preschoolers. From the DEKKO foundation.
Explora for Elementary Schools, from Inspire is a student interface designed for use in Kindergarten through grade 5 with a focus on the Arts, Literature, Biography, Current Events, Geography and Culture, Health, History, Math, Science and more. Available within the state of Indiana.
Kanopy Kids brings you thoughtful entertainment for children aged preschool and up. Parents can trust in a curated selection of educational and enriching videos on Kanopy Kids with developmentally appropriate, age-based ratings from Common Sense Media, as well as additional parental controls to keep kids safe. Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku. See FAQ page for more information.
PBS kids is an online site with educational games linked to PBS Kids television shows, including Arthur, The Cat in the Hat, Curious George, Cyberchase, Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood, Design Squad, Dinosaur Train, Martha Speaks, Nature Cat, Odd Squad, Oh Noah!, Peg + Cat, Plum Landing, Ready Jet Go!, SciGirls, Sesame Street, Sid the Science Kid, Super Why!, Wild Kratts, and Word Girl.
Storyline Online streams videos featuring celebrated actors reading children’s books alongside creatively produced illustrations. Storyline Online is available 24 hours a day for children, parents, caregivers and educators worldwide. Each book includes supplemental curriculum developed by a credentialed elementary educator, aiming to strengthen comprehension and verbal and written s
- Homework Spot: For homework help, Science Fair project ideas, math help, and more
- Khan Academy: Learn almost anything for free (especially math)
- Lexile.com: The Lexile framework for reading—matching readers with texts.
- Math.com: Free math lessons and math homework help from basic math to algebra, geometry and beyond. Includes online calculators, tools, and games to use and improve your math skills
- Portals to the world: Library of Congress links to electronic resources around the world
- Quiz Hub: Free Online Interactive K-12 Quiz Games (iPad-Compatible)
- Reference.com: Online dictionary, thesaurus, and more
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology's Homework Hotline provides FREE math and science homework help to Indiana students in grades 6-12. Students may also call toll free: 1-877-ASK-ROSE (1-877-275-7673).
- World Factbook: Maps, Flags, and important statistical data brought to you by the CIA
- YouTube EDU: Short lessons from top teachers around the world, full courses from the world’s leading universities, professional development material from fellow educators, and inspiring videos from global thought leaders