Here at the Library
- New Books for Children
- New Fiction
- New Multimedia
- New Non-Fiction
Or click here to browse the Evergreen catalog. You can look for similar titles, authors, subjects or series!
Need Some Suggestions?
- AllReaders.com: Browse reviews or search for books based on your preferences for plot, setting, character, and writing style.
- Common Sense Media with reviews and age ratings for best movies, books, apps, games for kids.
- Compass Book Ratings to help readers find the right book by age, genre, literary review, and more.
- Fantastic Fiction: This site provides bibliographies for over 15,000 authors and information on over 250,000 books.
- Good Reads: Book recommendations, with or without an account
- Good Reads for Children: recommended children's books by category
- Good Reads for Young Adults: recommended young adult books by category
- Juvenile Series & Sequels: contains over 36,000 books in 4,900 series titles that are classified by audience category
- Kids in Mind for "Film ratings & parents' reviews that actually work."
- Lexile.com for Lexile framework ratings.
- Musings of the Monster Librarian: Horror fiction recommendations for kids, teens, and adults arranged by sub-genre and series.
- Reading Bite - A Monster Librarian Site
- New York Times Best Seller Books
- Oprah's Book Club
- Overbooked: the Next Chapter: Resource for readers, providing timely information about fiction (all genres) and readable nonfiction.
- Scholastic Book Wizard for finding books by reading level, genre, subject, and grade.
- Stop, You're Killing Me! Mystery, crime, thriller, spy, and suspense books chronologically listed by authors including series. Browse by author name, character name, genre, location or period of story, or the lead character's ethnicity or job.
- What's Next: The Kent District Library What's Next?: Books In Series™ database helps you search series fiction. A series is two or more books linked by character(s), settings, or other common traits.
Don't Forget Our Online Options!
Access World News from NewsBank: Find global information on topics related to business, education, the environment, health, jobs and careers, politics and government, social issues, sports, STEM and more including newspapers, videos and web-only content featuring the Post & Mail, USA Today, international sources and more. With unlimited access from all library workstations and remote access 24/7, patrons can freely search, browse, print, save and email full-text articles without a fee. If you are accessing this database from a remote location, you will be prompted to enter your library card number before proceeding.
EBSCO eBook Collection from Inspire: A collection of over 6,000 multidisciplinary books. Topics include college and career development, health and medicine, and business and economics.
Hoopla provides free streaming movies, TV shows, music, and audiobooks with an account created using your green Peabody Public Library card and PIN.
Kanopy showcases more than 30,000 of the world’s best films, including award-winning documentaries, rare and hard-to-find titles, film festival favorites, indie and classic films, and world cinema. With the motto of "thoughtful entertainment," Kanopy provides access to films of unique social and cultural value. Films can be streamed from any computer, television, mobile device or platform by downloading the Kanopy app for iOS, Android, AppleTV, Chromecast or Roku. See FAQ page for more information.
Kanopy Kids brings you thoughtful entertainment for children aged preschool and up. Parents can trust in a curated selection of educational and enriching videos on Kanopy Kids with developmentally appropriate, age-based ratings from Common Sense Media, as well as additional parental controls to keep kids safe
OverDrive offers downloadable eBooks, Audiobooks, eVideos and eMusic throug