Use Equipment at the Library
Some equipment is only available for use inside the library:
A library card and a PIN Number is required to use these computers. If you do not have a library card you can request a guest pass from the Information desk. Computers can be used in two hour increments, with the option to extend time, depending on the accessibility of other computers. You will be able to print in color or black and white from any of these computers.
Adult Services Area
Six of these computers also have Microsoft Office on them: Four are near the printer and two are in the study rooms.
An ADA-compatible computer is available near the other Internet computers. It features a large screen and access to all Windows Accessibility software.
Youth Services Area - Internet Access is Limited
Six gaming computers are available in the Youth Services area. Printing is NOT available on these computers.
Two computers have Microsoft Office on them: One in the Children's area and one in the Young Adult area.
The computer lab consists of 10 computers and 1 instructor computer. All computers have Windows 10. Internet access and printing are available on these computers. Click here for information on reserving the computer lab.
The following equipment may be reserved with the meeting rooms. All equipment is subject to availability. Please call (260) 244-5541 if you are unable to request the desired equipment on line. All AV equipment should be scheduled when reserving the meeting room.
All Rooms have access to:
Flip chart stand/dry-erase board
Portable LCD Projector,
DVD/Blu-ray player (must be reserved with TV or Projector)
Podium (not recommended in the Computer Lab or Study Rooms)
Auditoriums 1, 2, and 3 (Only when reserved together)
LCD Projector (Ceiling Mounted)
Auditorium 1 or 2
Each have a 60" Plasma TV
Community Room A
Ceiling mounted DLP Projector
Cables to connect your laptop to the projector
Community Room B
Portable DLP Projector (may be available
10 Student Desktops
1 Instruction Desktop
For more information on our meeting rooms click here.
PLEASE NOTE: Peabody Public Library is not responsible for the storage, loss and/or damage of any AV equipment belonging to any group or organization using the meeting rooms.
The following items are available for patron use. Fees do apply:
Printer/copier is located by the Information Desk. For more information on this machine and it's fees, click here.
Fax machine is located at the Circulation Desk. For more information on this machine and it's fees, click here.
Flatbed Scanner is located in the Indiana Room. For more information on this machine and it's fees, click here.
Microfilm readers are located in the Whitley County Room (in the back section of the Indiana Room). Fees apply. Microfilm can be requested from the Information Desk. For more information please click here.
This machine is located in the Indiana Room. It is available on a first come, first serve basis. Anyone can use this machine to copy a VHS tape to a DVD+R recordable DVD. Please ask any of our staff for assistance. The following rules apply:
- You may ONLY copy your own HOME videos. No Copyrighted material is allowed.
- You must use a DVD+R recordable DVD. A DVD-R will not work.
- Videos are copied in real time. The staff is not responsible for your materials if you leave them unattended during this process.
Borrow Equipment from the Library
Some equipment may be checked out for off-site use:
The library has 10 mobile Hot Spots available for checkout. The following rules apply:
- Checkout is limited to our Adult Patrons only. (18 and over)
- Photo ID is required for checkout.
- Checkout period of 1 week
- NO grace day. You will be billed for a LOST hotspot if it is not returned on time.
- Replacement fee is $170.00
- After the week loan period, the Internet Service gets cut off
- Patrons MUST return Hot Spots to the Circulation Desk only (not the drop box).
AV equipment may be reserved and checked out for off-site use by library patron card holders. The following rules apply:
- Holds must be placed by a staff member. You can stop by in person or call (260) 244-5541.
- Patrons are responsible for any damage to the equipment used offsite and must sign a liability statement.
- The loan persion is three (3) days.
- There are no renewals allowed.
- Equipment must be checked out and returned during regular library business hours.
Portable LCD Projector - Best used for computer presentations and older video technologies.
- VGA connector for monitor
- A VGA to HDMI converter is included but it will only convert the video, not the audio
- RCA/Composite video and audio (stereo)
- Computer/Component video
- USB connectors for mouse and keyboard control
Portable Projection Screen