In order to check out materials, you must have a green Evergreen Indiana library card. You must have your card with you, and you cannot use someone else's card unless there is a special circumstance and you have appropriate paperwork on file.
- Books, Audio Books, CDs, and Magazines can be checked out for 3 weeks.
- Blu-Rays, DVDs and Gaming software can be checked out for 1 week.
- Blu-Rays and DVDs carry a limit of 10 check-outs.
- Gaming software is limited to 5 check-outs.
How many times can I renew my item(s)?
- Books and audiobooks can usually be renewed twice, the rest of our items can be renewed one time.
- There are no renewals for items on waiting lists or obtained through Interlibrary Loan.
How can I renew my item(s)?
In Person or Over the Phone
Patrons may renew materials by bringing their library card or the materials they wish to renew to the library.
Patrons may also renew library materials by calling the library at (260) 244-5541 (option 1).
***Patrons will need their library card and should have the materials near so any questions can be answered in order to complete the renewal process.***
To renew online:
- Click here to access Your Evergreen Account
- Enter your user ID and your PIN in the Log In area.
- Your user ID is your library card number.
- If you have forgotten your PIN or password, you can come to the library to have it tested or have it reset (please bring a photo ID. Passwords cannot be reset over the phone), or you can click "Forgot Password" to reset it from your device.
- Click the "Log In" button to access your account.
- Click on the "Items Checked Out" tab.
- Check the items you wish to renew and click on the "Go" button next to "Renew selected items."
- Confirm the renewal by going back into your list of checked out items to see that the due date has changed.
In order to encourage more community engagement, starting March 1st, patrons will no longer accrue fines for overdue books, movies, or video games. However, patrons will be billed for the total cost of a damaged or unreturned item. We hope that going fine free will give more people access to our many resources!
Fine Free DOES NOT apply to:
- Board Games*
- Lawn Games*
- Library of Things*
- Science Kits*
*Games, items from the Library of Things and kits will cost patrons $2 per day.*
**Hotspots will cost patrons $5 per day.**
***Patrons will be billed the FULL PRICE for ANY item unreturned after 28 days.****